SF404 is a two part epoxy based, self extinguishing adhesive of thixotropic consistency, formulated for ambient temperature curing.
SF404 has been specifically developed for the bonding of all resilient (eg. rubber, vinyl and linoleum) and textile floor coverings in areas of high risk and where public safety is the main consideration, to: concrete substrates cementitious substrates metal substrates plywood substrates.
- Accelerated cure
- Solvent free
- Highly resistant to surface water
- Used with low smoke emission, low toxic floor coverings to give a completely safe installation
- Standards: BS 476 Part 6, BS 476 Part 7 Class 1, BS 6853 appendix D.8.4. and D.8.6., NFP 95-501, NFX 10-702-1, NFX 70- 100 and IMO A653(16)
Site conditions MUST comply with British Standards CP 102, BS 8203, BS 5325 and supplementary specifications.
- The surfaces must be sound, clean, dry and free from oil, grease, paint, dust and other contaminants liable to impair adhesion.
- Concrete and sand/cement screeds must be fully cured and free from laitance.
- Direct to earth subfloors must incorporate an efficient damp proof membrane.
- Underfloor heating must have been fully commissioned as per manufacturers instructions and must be switched off 48 hours before and during installation. The heating should be switched on 48 hours after completion but then only gradually as per the commissioning schedule. Consult the Technical Department for a full specification.
Ensure substrate is suitable for the adhesive before application. Contact tremco illbruck Customer Services for details.
- SF404 is a two part adhesive which hardens by chemical reaction. It is essential that both parts are paste, uniform in colour, in the proportions supplied or in the ratio 1:1 by weight.
- The blue coloured Part B serves as an indicator. It is essential that the mixing instructions are strictly followed.
- Stir Part B thoroughly and transfer into Part A container. Using a slow speed
drill, fitted with a two bladed propeller, mix the contents for two to three
minutes to obtain uniformity of colour and consistency.
- Having mixed the adhesive, spread evenly using a ‘V’ notched trowel, size 1.5 mm x 5 mm for general floor coverings or smooth backed rubber and 2 mm x 6 mm for coned or peduncled backed rubber.
- All hollows in this type of backing must be completely filled (‘buttering’ may be necessary).
- Place the floor covering carefully into position and roll immediately with a 68 kg flooring roller in both directions unless otherwise stated by the manufacturer. Keep free of foot traffic until adhesive has set for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Laying at low temperatures causes the adhesive to thicken, making it more difficult to spread, thus reducing coverage and extending the curing time.
- Epoxy adhesives are slow to cure and it is essential that the back of the floor covering remains in contact with the adhesive until cured. Some weighting down may be necessary.
For full application information, refer to product data sheet or contact tremco illbruck customer services on 01942 251400
|Composition||A two part solvent free epoxy based|
adhesive of thixotropic consistency
|Initial Hardening Time|
|Specific Gravity||1.5 - 1.6|
|Application Temperature Range||+4°C to +30°C|
|Service Temperature||-20°C to +85°C|
|Coverage||Up to 12.5 m² per 5 kg unit using a 1.5 x 5 mm notched trowel|
|Final Bond Strength||4 - 6 days|
|Storage||Store in dry conditions between +5°C and +25°C|
|Shelf Life||6 months when stored as recommended|
in original unopened containers