SX220 is a fast setting cement based smoothing product
SX220 is ideal for use in domestic, light commercial and industrial environments as an underlayment, prior to application of carpet, wood and vinyl flooring.
- May accept foot traffic after approximately 2 hours
- Excellent flow for smoothing uneven floors
- Suitable for use before laying floor coverings
- Low odour and low VOC
- It is easy to mix and apply and a smooth surface is produced
(in accordance with British Standards 8203)
- Suitable for application on substrates with <75 % RH.
- It is recommended that a moisture test is conducted prior to the application of SX220. For further details or to arrange for a moisture test please contact tremco illbruck Technical Services.
- Subfloor preparation is of key importance with products of this nature.
- The surface should be free of oil, grease, weak material, laitance and other contaminates. All ubfloors, including concrete and highly polished surfaces (e.g. power floated concrete, marble, terrazzo and ceramic tiles), should always be mechanically textured. The floor should then be either
vacuumed or swept clean.
- Sound, stable subfloor construction is essential. The substrate should have a surface pull-off strength of >1.5 N/mm².
- This product is not suitable for application on to adhesive residues.
- All surfaces must be primed with CS150 Acrylic Primer (porous substrates) or CS100 Epoxy Primer
- SX220 can be mechanically mixed in single units at the ratio of 20 kg powder to 3.6 to 3.8 litres of water. Do not add extra water because long term performance may be impaired.
- A 65 mm by 40 mm flow ring should be filled with pre-mixed SX220. Using a flow chart, a spread ratio of between 230 mm and 260 mm should be obtained to ensure that a correct mix is passing through the pump.
- After applying the material onto the primed floor, simply use a hand trowel to spread. Maximum application thickness is 10 mm on primed sound porous substrates. Maximum application thickness of 6 mm on to CS100 epoxy primer.
For full application information, refer to product data sheet or contact tremco illbruck customer services on 01942 251400
|Composition||A blend of special cements, graded|
fillers and modified polymers
|Compressive Strength||After 28 days approx. 25 N/mm²|
|Coverage||Approx. 6 m² per unit @ 2 mm thickness|
|Foot Traffic: 2 hours|
|Storage||Store in dry shaded conditions between +5°C and +25°C|
|Shelf Life||6 months when stored as recommended in original unopened packaging|
High temperatures and humidity will lead to a reduced shelf life