SF512 is a single component product derived from advanced MS polymer technology, for use with PVC & rubber flooring.
- SF512 has been specially developed for bonding PVC and rubber floor coverings to a wide range of substrates, including;
- concrete substrates
- cementitious substrates
- metal substrates
- plywood substrates.
For use in applications:
- in areas of high risk where public safety is a priority
- where heat and/or chemical resistance is required
- where solvents and hazardous chemicals are not allowed
- where immediate grab is required such as traditional contact adhesive applications
- Solvent free, isocyanate free and low VOC
- High strength, elastic bond
- Good heat, chemical and water resistance
- Bonds to porous and non porous substrates including aluminium, plywood, concrete and sand / cement screeds
- Suitable for contact bonding of rubber covings & skirtings
Site conditions MUST comply with British Standards CP 102, BS 8203, BS 5325 and supplementary specifications.
- The surfaces must be sound, clean, dry and free from oil, grease, paint, dust and other contaminants liable to impair adhesion.
- Concrete and sand/cement screeds must be fully cured and free from laitance.
- Direct to earth subfloors must incorporate an efficient damp proof membrane.
- Under floor heating must have been fully commissioned as per manufacturers instructions and must be switched off 48 hours before and during installation. The heating should be switched on 48 hours after completion but then only gradually as per the commissioning schedule. Consult the Technical Department for a full specification.
Ensure substrate is suitable for the adhesive before application. Contact tremco illbruck Customer Services
WET LAY ADHESIVE
- Stir the adhesive before use and apply an even continuous coating, using an
A2 or 1.5 mm x 5 mm ‘V’ notched trowel.
- With some rubber floor coverings, it is recommended that the adhesive is applied to the floor with the ‘V’ notched trowel and to the back of the rubber with a flat spreader. Refer to the Flooring Manufacturer’s instructions. For vertical surfaces, a bristle brush application may be convenient.
- Place the materials accurately into position and press firmly to exclude air and ensure overall contact. On horizontal surfaces, roll in both directions using a 68 kg flooring roller.
- For rubber tiles or sheet with a thickness up to 3 mm, use SF108. Thickness greater than 3 mm, use SF600 or SF512.
For full application information, refer to product data sheet or contact tremco illbruck customer services on 01942 251400
|Composition||SF512 Water Resistant Adhesive for PVC & Rubber is an advanced MS-hybrid-polymer elastic adhesive|
|Application Temperature Range||+4°C to +30°C|
|Service Temperature||-20°C to +60°C|
|Coverage||3-5 m² of bonded area per litre, dependant on substrate and application method|
|Drying Time||20 minutes initial skinning over|
|Final Bond Strength||24 to 48 hours|
(DIN 53504 S2)
|Storage||Store in dry conditions between +5°C and +25°C|
|Shelf Life||12 months from manufacturing date, when stored as recommended in original unopened containers|