SX300 is a two part general purpose smoothing underlayment for interior applications.
SX300 is a two part general purpose smoothing underlayment for
interior applications.SX300 is semi levelling and is specifically designed for the preparation and smoothing of interior subfloors prior to the application of a liquid applied damp proof membrane and receiving a floor covering.
- Short setting and cure time, facilitating fast track programs and minimising disruption
- Excellent adhesion to a wide range of common flooring substrates, including: concrete, sand/cement screeds, flooring grade asphalt, TREMCO surface DPM’s, etc.
- Water resistant: can be used for pre-smoothing Protein free
- Self priming on most surfaces
(in accordance with British Standards 8203)
- Suitable for application on substrates with <75 % RH.
- It is recommended that a moisture test is conducted prior to the application of SX300. For further details or to arrange for a moisture test please contact tremco illbruck Technical Services.
Ensure all surfaces to be coated are clean, dry, frost free and free from grease, oil, dirt, dust, loose friable material and any other contaminants (coating, laitance, etc.).
- Any surface hardener or curing compounds should be thoroughly removed prior to the application of SX300. For full details of surface preparation contact tremco illbruck Technical Services.
In some case it may be necessary to prime with CS150 Acrylic Primer for porous substrates or CS100 Epoxy Primer for non-porous substrates. Always check with the tremco illbruck Technical Services.
Gradually add Part A to Part B, continually mixing with a slow speed drill and paddle. Mix the contents for 2 - 3 minutes to obtain uniformity in colour and consistency.
SX300 should be applied directly after mixing by pouring a ribbon of material along the wet edge and then trowelled to form a smooth, even finish. The effective use of spike rolling can reduce visible trowel marks.
For full application information, refer to product data sheet or contact tremco illbruck customer services on 01942 251400
|Composition||Cementitious powder and liquid latex dispersion|
|Tensile Strength||28 days 1.4 N/mm²|
|Coverage||Thicknesses of 6 mm to feather edge can be applied dependant on surface profile. An average thickness of 3 mm will provide a coverage rate of 5 m² per mix|
Thicknesses of 8 mm to 30 mm can be achieved by incorporating an equal volume of 3 mm granite chippings
This will depend on the condition of the substrate and method of preparation (please refer to tremco illbruck Technical Department)
|Between 2 - 4 hours for foot traffic and 8 - 12 hours|
for application of damp proof membrane, floor covering
|Storage||Store in dry, shaded conditions between +10°C and +35°C|
|Shelf Life||6 months when stored as recommended in original unopened packaging|
High temperatures and humidity will lead to a reduced shelf life