ES100 is a two part, epoxy based damp proof membrane.
ES100 has been developed specifically for suppressing residual moisture in concrete and sand/cement subfloors and provides a guaranteed surface damp proof membrane with a single coat liquid application.
- Accommodates up to 97% RH
- Solvent free
- Very cost effective single coat application reducing time on site
- Suitable with underfloor heating
- Suitable for heated concrete and sand cement screeds (provided the surface temperature does not exceed 27°C in accordance with BS 8203 and BS 5325)
(in accordance with British Standards 8203)
- Hygrometer readings must be taken and recorded so that the correct system can be selected.
- Concrete curing compounds and over-trowelled concrete will extend the time taken for the hygrometer to reach equilibrium.
- Subfloor measurement readings of up to 97% RH (measurable) can be accommodated with the system
Condition the contents by storing for 24 hours at +15°C to +25°C as cooler temperatures will increase viscosity and make application more difficult.
Higher temperatures will speed the chemical reaction and therefore reduce working pot life.
- The surface must be firm, sound, clean, dry and free of any other contaminants liable to prevent penetration into the substrate or adhesion to the surface.
N.B. Concrete curing agents and admixtures and the misuse of these products can impair adhesion. Where doubt exists, or compatibility is unknown, a trial adhesion test with ES100 should be carried out and the Technical Department must be consulted.
- Remove all surface dust, etc., by industrial vacuum cleaning. Machine scarifying or shot blasting will be necessary for removal of incompatible curing agents, admixtures or other stubborn surface contamination. Shot blasting is also recommended on lightly polished surfaces.
- In most circumstances no priming is required.
- For further information please contact tremco illbruck Technical Services.
ES100 hardens by a chemical reaction. It is essential that the mixing instructions are strictly adhered to:
- Stir Part A and Part B thoroughly before transferring Part B into the Part A container.
- Using a slow speed drill fitted with a two bladed propeller (NOT A CEMENT PADDLE), mix the contents for 4-5 minutes to obtain uniformity in colour and consistency. Ensure all materials from the base and sides of the containers are mixed in thoroughly to ensure a uniform cure.
- Do not mix more 10 kg units than can be used within the working pot life.
- ES100 is so easy to apply that it could be over extended; therefore, measure out areas of 24 m² (up to 92% RH) or 20 m² (up to 97%) to ensure correct coverage for a 1 x 10 kg unit and to give the correct coating thickness of approximately 250-350 microns (dependent on system selected).
- A practical coverage of approximately 20 m² - 24 m² per 10 kg unit is expected, dependent on application and porosity of the concrete subfloor.
- Apply the mixed ES100 One Coat by means of a 2 mm x 5 mm notched trowel. While the ES100 is still wet, flatten out the serration ridges with a long handled ‘fluff free’ roller, initially pre-wetted in the ES100. Replace or re-notch worn trowels to ensure that the correct thickness of ES100 is maintained.
- The thickness must be no less than 250-350 microns in order to ensure that excess moisture vapour will not permeate the membrane.
- It is essential that the applied coating is continuous and free of pinholes or thin patches, otherwise an additional patching coat will be necessary.
- Allow to cure for 8 to 10 hours at +15°C. Check that the correct number of units were used on the area coated.
For full application details, refer to product data sheet or contact tremco illbruck customer services on 01942251400
Insert technical information
|Composition||ES100 is a flexibilised epoxy, which contains wetting aids and penetrants to maximise adhesion, flow control agents to minimise pinholes and overlapping platelets which provide an extra barrier to moisture vapour|
|Pot Life||+20°C: 1 hour 25 minutes|
+15°C: 2 hours
+10°C: 2 hours 30 minutes
|Mix Ratio||3.4:1 by weight|
|Coverage||Approximately 20-24 m² per 10kg unit depending on method of application and condition of substrate to give a dry film thickness of approximately 250-350 microns|
|Hardening Time||+20°C: 5 to 6 hours|
+15°C: 8 to 11 hours
+10°C: 14 to 20 hours
|Service Temperature Range||-20°C to +80°C|
|Storage||Store between +5°C and +30°C|
Rotate stock using old material first
|Shelf Life||6 months when stored in its original unopened containers|