A high strength, flexible, single component advanced polymer adhesive for surface bonding most wood flooring.
For bonding most types of wood flooring including wood blocks, wood mosaic panels, engineered, laminated and solid wood plank/strip flooring.
Use over most common substrates, sand/cement screeds, concrete, calcium sulphate screeds, stone, metal, timber and epoxy membranes.
Not suitable for wood flooring with bitumen based backings. For other surfaces please consult Technical Services for suitability.
Compatible with most underfloor heating systems. Consult Technical Services for confirmation.
- Strong and flexible
- Permanently elastic bond
- Solvent free and moisture free
- Compatible with most under floor heating systems
All phases of installation should comply with BS 8201, BS 8203, CP 102 and /or other local installation standards and codes of practice.
- Ensure the subfloor is flat, clean, sound and dry and free from contaminants that may hinder adhesion, this includes, paint, varnish, polish, old adhesive residues and plaster spots.
- Existing wooden subfloors must have an intact base DPM.
- The subfloor should be tested in accordance with British Standards, using a properly calibrated and
- A reading of 75% RH or less confirms that the subfloor is satisfactorily dry. Where this has not been attained, it is necessary to apply a TREMCO surface membrane to suppress residual moisture. For further information contact Technical Services.
- Ensure the timber is acclimatised in accordance to the manufacturer’s instructions in the environment in which it is to be laid.
- Always allow an expansion gap around any perimeters or columns to allow for natural movement of the wood when bonded.
- Mechanically remove all surface treatments on concrete bases.
- Repair any deep indentations in the subfloor with TREMCO SX400 Cementitious Repair Mortar.
- Lightly abrade calcium sulphate to remove any surface laitance. Always prime before applying a suitable TREMCO smoothing compound to calcium sulphate screeds.
- Apply a suitable TREMCO smoothing compound at a minimum thickness of 3 mm.
- See relevant technical data sheet for full information.
EXISTING FLOOR COVERINGS
- Not recommended for use over existing floor coverings.
Ensure substrate is suitable for the adhesive before application. Very porous substrates can be primed with CS150 Acrylic Primer. Contact tremco illbruck Customer Services for details.
- On a smooth floor spread evenly over the floor surface with a triangular notched trowel cut 3 mm deep x 6 mm.
- For rough textured floors a deeper notched trowel may be required. This will adversely affect the coverage rate of the adhesive.
- Spread the adhesive with a sweeping motion at a 60° angle and place the wood into the adhesive while it is still wet.
- Press firmly or gently tap the wood into the adhesive to ensure good overall contact. Where necessary use heavy objects to hold the wood firmly in place during curing time.
- The bonded wood will be suitable to take foot traffic 6 to 8 hours after application. It should be left for 48 hours before sanding or varnishing takes place.
For full application information, refer to product data sheet or contact tremco illbruck customer services on 01942 251400
|Composition||SF520 Flexible Wood Adhesive is formulated|
from advanced polymer technology
|Approximately 20 minutes|
|Application Temperature Range||+4°C to +30°C|
|Service Temperature||-20°C to +60°C|
|Coverage||Using a B3 or a 3 mm x 6 mm ‘V’ or a notched|
trowel the coverage is approx. 0.8 - 1.1 kg/m²
|Storage||Store in dry conditions between +5°C and +25°C|
|Shelf Life||12 months from manufacturing date, when stored as recommended in original unopened containers|