SF115 is a one part, modified elastomer contact adhesive for use with rubber and PVC.
SF115 has been specially developed for contact bonding (two way stick) of a wide range of floor coverings including:
- rubber tiles and sheet
- vinyl and cork
To horizontal and vertical surfaces
- rubber nosing and covings
- PVC nosings and covings
Where superior water resistance is required use SF165 Water Resistant Contact Adhesive.
- Extra strong bond
- Extended working life
- Suitable for the widest range of floor coverings
- Fast drying but long ‘open time’
- The dry bond does not support combustion
Site conditions MUST comply with British Standards CP 102, BS 8203, BS 5325 and supplementary specifications.
- The surfaces must be sound, clean, dry and free from oil, grease, paint, dust and other contaminants liable to impair adhesion.
- Concrete and sand/cement screeds must be fully cured and free from laitance.
- Direct to earth subfloors must incorporate an efficient damp proof membrane.
- Underfloor heating must have been fully commissioned as per manufacturers instructions and must be switched off 48 hours before and during installation.
The heating should be switched on 48 hours after completion but then only gradually as per the commissioning schedule. Consult the Technical Department for a full specification.
- Ensure substrate is suitable for the adhesive before application.
- Contact tremco illbruck customer services for details.
- Stir the adhesive thoroughly before use and apply an even continuous coating, using a ‘V’ notched trowel size 1 mm x 4 mm.
- With some rubber floor coverings, it is recommended that the adhesive is applied to the floor with the ‘V’ notched trowel and to the back of the rubber with a flat spreader. Refer to the Flooring Manufacturer’s instructions. For vertical surfaces, a bristle brush application may be convenient.
- Allow the solvents to evaporate until the adhesive on both surfaces is ‘touch dry’. This may take approximately 5 to 45 minutes, according to prevailing conditions.
- Place the materials accurately into position and press firmly to exclude air and ensure overall contact. On horizontal surfaces, roll in both directions using a 68 kg flooring roller.
- This product is not suitable for use with certain types of PUR vinyl. Please check with the floor covering manufacturer.
For full application information, refer to product data sheet or contact tremco illbruck customer services on 01942 251400
|Composition||A modified chloroprene elastomer dissolved|
in a blend of flammable solvents
|Specific Gravity||0.82 - 0.86|
|Flash Point||Below -18°C|
|Application Temperature Range||+4°C to +30°C|
|Service Temperature||-20°C to +85°C|
|Coverage||2.5 - 3 m² of bonded area per litre|
|Dry Tack Time||Up to 40 minutes after becoming touch dry|
|Drying Time||5 to 45 minutes|
|Final Bond Strength||36 to 48 hours|
|Storage||Store between +5°C and +27°C|
|Shelf Life||12 months from manufacturing date, when stored|
as recommended in original unopened containers