ES500 is a specially coated fibreglass underlay and acts as a continuous barrier substrate, is moisture resistant to damp with resin peduncles on the underside.
A low permeability material designed to overcome the problems sometimes encountered in laying sheet floorings over new or old subfloors.
- ES500 can be laid over a variety of surfaces, such as old resilient and ceramic floor coverings, metal, access floors, subfloors contaminated with oil or paint, or damp subfloors.
- ES500 is suitable for general pedestrian and light commercial applications.
- Cuts down installation time as it can be installed over damp and contaminated substrates
- Can eliminate or reduce the need for mechanical preparation
- Can be installed onto sand cement screeds and concrete with a structural DPM included in the construction up to a moisture content of 97% RH (99.9% theoretically)
- Can be installed onto sand cement screeds and concrete without a structural DPM included in the construction up to a moisture content of 92% RH
- Suitable for heated concrete and sand cement screeds provided the surface temperature does not exceed 27°C in accordance with BS 8203 and BS 5325
- No VOCs
- Reduced weight per square metre for easier handling
(in accordance with British Standards 8203)
- Hygrometer readings must be taken and recorded so that the correct system can be selected.
- Concrete curing compounds and over-trowelled concrete will extend the time taken for the hygrometer to reach equilibrium.
- Subfloor measurement readings of up to 97% RH (measurable) can be accommodated with the system (99.9% theoretically).
- Hygrometer readings must be taken and recorded so that the correct ES500 system can be selected.
- The surface must be firm, sound, clean, dry and free of any other contaminants liable to prevent penetration into the substrate or adhesion to the surface.
N.B. Concrete curing agents and admixtures and the misuse of these products can impair adhesion. Where doubt exists, or compatibility is unknown, a trial adhesion test with ES200 should be carried out and the Technical Department must be consulted.
- Remove all surface dust, etc.,
by industrial vacuum cleaning. Machine scarifying or shot blasting will be necessary for removal of incompatible curing agents, admixtures or other stubborn surface contamination. Shot blasting is also recommended on lightly polished surfaces.
- In most circumstances no priming is required.
- For further information please contact tremco illbruck Technical Services.
- ES500 should be rolled out, with the peduncles on the underside (reverse rolling may be required
at low temperatures), and cut into the perimeter.
- The underlayment should lay flat with no distorting bumps. Joints should be abutted and taped using TREMCO approved water proof jointing tape. All air must be excluded.
- ES500 should be laid in the same direction as the finishing flooring, but the positions of the joints
should not correspond.
- Most floor coverings can be adhered to ES500 with the appropriate TREMCO adhesive. Always refer to the tremco illbruck Technical Department for correct adhesive selection.
Note: When used in conjunction with lighter gauge floor coverings in larger areas, there may be a risk of movement under extreme trafficking conditions.
For full application information, refer to product data sheet or contact tremco illbruck customer services on 01942 251400
|Composition||A fibre reinforced PVC underlay|
|Chemical Resistance||Consult technical services|
|Service Temperature Range||Max temperature (short exposure) 50°C|
Max temperature (constant) 30°C
|Storage||ES500 should be stored in a cool, dry and well ventilated place|
PVC products should be stored at temperatures between +10°C and +25°C and only briefly at temperatures higher than this
The products must be stored without being subjected to tension, pressure or other deformations as stresses can encourage both permanent deformation and the formation of cracks
|Shelf Life||2 - 4 years under correct storage conditions|