CS175 is a two part water based epoxy primer.
CS175 Epoxy Primer for Porous Substrates provides a breathable sealer for calcium sulphate screeds. Additionally, it is suitable for priming new and existing cementitious screeds, concrete, brick and blockwork. May be used as a low viscosity primer for epoxy paint coatings on prepared power floated concrete.
- Excellent coverage
- Low viscosity
- Consolidates weak surfaces
- Surfaces should be clean, firm and free from dust, dirt or other material liable to impair adhesion.
- New concrete should be a minimum of 28 days old.
- Surface temperatures should be +3°C above the dew point.
- Temperatures should be above +5°C at time of application and for 24 hours thereafter.
- Do not apply over wet substrates or externally if rain is expected prior to curing.
- Where used internally, especially in high humidity conditions, forced ventilation will be required to assist curing.
- At lower temperatures and in internal situations, allow a minimum of 24 hours, before overcoating.
- If contaminated before installing floor finishes, it will be necessary to sand the surface of the primer and reapply one or two coats as required.
- Add contents of Part A (small bottle) to Part B (large container) and mix thoroughly for a minimum of 2 minutes.
Concrete and Sand Cement Screeds
- Apply an even continuous coat, which is free of pinholes to the substrate using a fluff free roller.
- Take care to prevent the formation of puddles. On smooth impervious substrates, application by squeegee is the most effective way to quickly obtain a uniform film.
- Leave the coating to dry to a translucent film (usually 3 to 6 hours depending on substrate, temperature and ventilation). If in doubt, leave overnight.
- Once dried, the primed surface is ready for overlaying and must be kept free of contaminants.
- If more than 24 hours have elapsed since the application, then a repeat application of the primer may be required.
Calcium Sulphate Screeds
- Prepare all surfaces by mechanical techniques as recommended by the screed manufacturer to provide a clean, sound, smooth contaminant free surface with a fine texture.
- Remove all traces of dust and debris.
- Apply 1 or 2 coats of mixed CS175 Epoxy Primer for Porous Substrates (as required) and allow each coat to dry (usually 3 to 6 hours depending on substrate, temperature and ventilation).
- Once the calcium sulphate screed is dry (Refer to specific manufacturer’s instructions) Secure the floor covering with the approved TREMCO adhesive.
|Composition||A two part water based epoxy primer|
|Pot Life||Approximately 45 minutes|
|Curing Time (in good drying conditions at +15°C or above)||Overnight|
|Coverage||10 m² per kg depending on the substrate and method of application|
|Storage||Store in shaded dry conditions between +10°C and +35°C|
|Shelf Life||12 months when stored as recommended in original unopened containers|