SX500 is a protein free moisture tolerant, fast drying, smoothing compound for interior applications.
SX500 is designed for application to existing floors prior to the application of floor coverings including: vinyl, carpets, ceramic tiles, wood, etc.
- Accepts both textile and resilient floor coverings in as little as 90 minutes
- 40% recycled content
- Moisture tolerant
- An OPC free, low odour product
- Suitable for use with underfloor heating
- Ensure all surfaces to be coated are clean, dry, frost free and free from grease, oil, dirt, dust, loose friable material and any other contaminants (coating, laitance, etc.).
- Any surface hardener or curing compounds should be thoroughly removed prior to the application of SX500. For full details of surface preparation contact tremco illbruck Technical Services.
In some cases it may be necessary to prime with CS150 for porous substrates or CS100 Epoxy Primer for non-porous substrates prior to the application of SX500. Always check with the tremco illbruck Technical Services.
SX500 Part A powder should be added to 4.4 litres of Part B liquid, mixing for approximately 3 minutes with a slow speed drill and paddle until uniformity in colour and consistency is achieved. Once mixed, the material has a working time of up to 10 minutes.
SX500 should be applied directly after mixing by pouring a ribbon of material along the wet edge and then trowelled to form a smooth, even finish. The effective use of spike rolling can reduce visible trowel marks.
For full application information, refer to product data sheet or contact tremco illbruck customer services on 01942 251400
|Composition||OPC free green binder and liquid latex dispersion|
|Compressive Strength||After 28 days approx. >30 N/mm²|
|Coverage||An average thickness of 3 mm will provide an approximate coverage rate of 5 m² per mix|
This will depend on the condition of the substrate and method of preparation (please refer to tremco illbruck Technical Department)
|Cure Time |
|30 minutes for foot traffic|
|Storage||Store indoors in dry conditions at 25°C, stacked not more than 2 pallets high|
|Shelf Life||6 months when stored as recommended in original unopened packaging|