SX100 is a fibre reinforced, self-levelling flooring compound for interior applications.
Designed for application to existing floors prior to the application of floor coverings including: vinyl, carpets, ceramic tiles, wood, etc.
- Fast application and minimum down time
- Can be pumped up to 2000 m² per day
- Contains special fibres to give excellent crack resistance
- Protein free
- Suitable for laying over existing floor finishes such as tiles or flooring grade mastic asphalt
- Suitable with underfloor heating systems (minimum cover of 25 mm over pipes)
(in accordance with British Standards 8203)
- Suitable for application on substrates with <75 % RH.
- It is recommended that a moisture test is conducted prior to the application of SX100. For further details or to arrange for a moisture test please contact tremco illbruck Technical Services.
- Use in well ventilated conditions and ensure all recommended protective equipment is worn during handling & use of this product. For full recommendation, refer to safety data sheet.
- Ensure all surfaces to be coated are clean, dry, frost free and free from grease, oil, dirt, dust, loose friable material and any other contaminants (coating, laitance, etc.).
- Any surface hardener or curing compounds should be thoroughly removed prior to the application
- Mechanical preparation, using an enclosed shot blasting machine may be recommended and should be followed by thorough vacuuming to remove all surface dust.
- Ensure wood, ceramic, vinyl and quarry tiles are all soundly bonded prior to overlaying.
- Concrete and sand/cement screeds should be a mimum of 25 N/mm². Must be fully cured and incorporate an effective damp proof membrane. For full details of surface preparation contact tremco illbruck Technical Services.
- Site overshoes recommended when applying to TREMCO surface damp- proof membranes.
- Porous sand/cement or concrete should be primed with CS150 Acrylic Primer.
- Most non-porous surfaces require priming. When using CS100 Epoxy Primer for Non-Porous Substrates in accordance with the recommendations below, a maximum thickness of 6 mm of SX100 should be applied. For greater than 6 mm thickness, ES300 Surface DPM should be applied in all cases and blinded with CP507 Sand. Please see below or contact tremco illbruck Technical Services for full details.
- Wood substrates should generally be primed with CS150 Acrylic Primer; however, where there are wide joints or there is suspected excessive movement, ES300 Surface DPM should be mixed and feathered into the joints and then an full coat applied over the whole area and blinded with CP507 Sand.
- Steel decks and metal substrates should be prepared and primed with CS100 Epoxy Primer for Non
- Porous Substrates. On substrates susceptible to rusting, ES300 Surface DPM should be applied and blinded with CP507 Sand. Galvanised steel substrates should be treated with a suitable etching primer prior to applying the CS100 Epoxy Primer for Non-Porous Substrates – contact tremco illbruck for details.
- Quarry tiles and ceramic tiles should be prepared and primed with CS100 Epoxy Primer for Non-Porous Substrates generally; however, where there are wide joints in between the tiles or cracked/moving grout lines, ES300 Surface DPM should be mixed and feathered into the joints and then an overall coat applied over the whole area and blinded with CP507 Sand.
- Old vinyl tiles may be laid over; however, they must be soundly bonded, degreased, abraded and a reinforcing scrim should be used. The prepared tiles should be primed with CS100 Epoxy Primer for Non-Porous Substrates.
- Mix using an electric drill and paddle. Add 4.5 - 4.8 litres of water to the mixing vessel and add the 25 kg of SX100 powder while mixing to ensure a smooth final mix, free from lumps. Do not add additional water as this will reduce the performance of the final screed.
- A 68 mm by 40 mm flow ring should be filled with pre-mixed SX100. Using a flow chart, a spread ratio of between 220 mm and 240 mm should be obtained to ensure that a correct mix is passing through the pump.
- SX100 should be applied directly after mixing either by pouring a ribbon of material along the wet edge and then trowelled to form a smooth, even finish or by pumping directly onto the subfloor.
- Floor coverings can be installed when the relative humidity is below 75%.
For full application information, refer to product data sheet or contact tremco illbruck customer services on 01942 251400
|Composition||A blend of natural and recycled raw materials,|
graded fillers, modified polymers, special fibres
and flow admixtures
(at +20 °C)
|Pot Life (at 20°C)||20 minutes|
|Compressive Strength||28 days >30 N/mm²|
|Bond Strength||28 days >1 N/mm²|
|Reaction to Fire||EN 13501-1|
|Impact Resistance||BS8204 Part 1 Cat: A|
|Coverage||An average thickness of 4 mm will provide a typical coverage rate of 4 m² per mix|
|Approximately 2-4 hours for foot traffic|
|Storage||Store in dry shaded conditions between +5°C and +25°C|
|Shelf Life||6 months when stored as recommended in original unopened packaging|