ES200 is a solvent free, two part, epoxy based damp proof membrane which achieves emicode EC1 status.
Developed specifically for suppressing residual moisture in concrete and sand/cement subfloors and provides a guaranteed surface damp proof membrane with a single coat liquid application.
- Accommodates up to 97% RH
- Suitable with underfloor heating
- Very cost effective single coat application reducing time on site
- Cures in half the time of conventional epoxy based surface damp proof membranes
- Suitable for heated concrete and sand cement screeds (provided the surface temperature does not exceed 27°C in accordance with BS 8203 and BS 5325)
Condition the contents by storing for 24 hours at +15°C to +25°C as cooler temperatures will increase viscosity and make application more difficult. Higher temperatures will speed the chemical reaction and therefore reduce working
The surface must be firm, sound, clean, dry and free of any other contaminants liable to prevent penetration into the substrate or adhesion to the surface.
N.B. Concrete curing agents and admixtures and the misuse of these products can impair adhesion. Where doubt exists, or compatibility is unknown, a trial adhesion test with ES200 Fastrak Universal DPM should be carried out and the Technical Department must be consulted.
- Remove all surface dust, etc., by industrial vacuum cleaning. Machine scarifying or shot blasting will be necessary for removal of incompatible curing agents, admixtures or other stubborn surface contamination. Shot blasting is also recommended on lightly polished surfaces.
- In most circumstances no priming is required.
- For further information please contact tremco illbruck Technical Services.
ES200 hardens by a chemical reaction. It is essential that the mixing instructions are strictly adhered to:
- Stir Part A and Part B thoroughly before transferring Part B into the Part B container.
- Using a slow speed drill fitted with a two bladed propellor (NOT A CEMENT PADDLE), mix the contents for 4 - 5 minutes to obtain uniformity in colour and consistency. Ensure all materials from the base and sides of the containers are mixed in thoroughly
to ensure a uniform cure.
- Immediately after mixing, apply the mixed product onto the floor in ribbons to avoid excessive heat build-up and increase working life.
- Do not mix more 6 kg units than can be used within the working pot life.
- ES200 is so easy to apply that it could be over extended; therefore, measure out areas of 15 m² (up to 92% RH) or 12.5 m² (up to 97%) to ensure correct coverage for a 1 x 6 kg unit and to give the correct coating thickness of approximately 250 - 350 microns (dependent on system selected).
- A practical coverage of approximately 12.5 m²-15 m² per 6 kg unit is expected, dependent on application and porosity of the concrete subfloor.
- Pour all of the ES200 onto the prepared concrete immediately after mixing then apply with a 2 mm x 5 mm notched trowel. While the ES200 is still wet, flatten out the serration ridges with a long handled, ‘fluff free’ roller, initially pre-wetted in the ES200. Replace or re-notch worn trowels to ensure that the correct thickness of ES200 is maintained.
For full application information, refer to product data sheet or contact tremco illbruck customer services on 01942 251400
nsert Technical Information
|Composition||ES200 is a flexibilised epoxy, which contains wetting aids and penetrants to maximise adhesion, flow control agents to minimise pinholes and overlapping platelets which provide an extra barrier to moisture vapour|
|Pot Life||Due to the fast cure profile designed into this product, all product should be applied onto the floor in a ribbon immediately after mixing. This will allow for the maximum working life to be achieved and facilitate application and improve coverage.|
|Mix Ratio||Mix full kits only|
|Coverage||Approximately 12.5 m² to 15 m² per 6 kg unit, practically, dependent on method of application and condition of substrate to give a dry film thickness of approximately|
250 - 350 microns per coat
|Hardening Time||+20°C: 3 to 4 hours|
+15°C: 4 to 6 hours
+10°C: 7 to 10 hours
|Service Temperature Range||-20°C to +80°C|
|Storage||Store between +5°C and +30°C|
Rotate stock using old material first
|Shelf Life||6 months when stored in its original unopened containers|