SF165 is a cross-linking contact adhesive.
SF165 is used for the permanent bonding of: smooth backed rubber floor coverings rubber and PVC nosings covings for service in dry and wet conditions, both indoors and outdoors.
- Excellent resistance to plasticiser migration
- Better heat resistance than normal contact adhesives
- Highly resistant to surface water and can be used outdoors
- The bonded floor can be subjected to foot traffic immediately after being placed in position, unlike most other water-resistant adhesives
- Ideal bonding agent for some exposed public areas (staircases, entrance halls and public walkways)
Site conditions MUST comply with British Standards CP 102, BS 8203, BS 5325 and supplementary specifications.
- The surfaces must be sound, clean, dry and free from oil, grease, paint, dust and other contaminants liable to impair adhesion.
- Concrete and sand/cement screeds must be fully cured and free from laitance.
- Direct to earth subfloors must incorporate an efficient damp proof membrane.
- Underfloor heating must have been fully commissioned as per manufacturers instructions and must be switched off 48 hours before and during installation. The heating should be switched on 48 hours after completion but then only gradually as per the commissioning schedule. Consult the Technical Department for a full specification.
- Ensure substrate is suitable for the adhesive before application.
- Contact tremco illbruck Customer Services for details.
Ensure substrate is suitable for the adhesive before application. Contact tremco illbruck Customer Servicesfor details.
- Apply an even continuous coating by flat spreader to the back of the floor covering and by a 1 mm x 4 mm notched trowel to the floor.
- For maximum water resistance, ensure that there is an adequate coating of adhesive at the tile edge and the corresponding area on the floor.
- Allow the solvents to evaporate until the adhesive is ‘touch dry’. This may take 5 to 15 minutes, depending on prevailing conditions.
- Place the floor covering firmly into position, ensuring overall contact. Roll with a 68 kg flooring roller in both directions.
- For use indoors, the adhesive can be applied to the substrate by a ‘V’ notched trowel size 1 mm x 4 mm but the back of the floor covering should be coated by a flat spreader or brush, as before.
For full application information, refer to product data sheet or contact tremco illbruck customer services on 01942 251400
|Composition||art 1 - Modified chloroprene elastomer|
in a blend of highly flammable solvents.
Part 2 - Isocyanate solution
|Flash Point||Below -18°C|
|Application Temperature Range||+4°C to +30°C|
|Service Temperature||-20°C to +85°C|
|Coverage||2.5 - 3.0 m² of bonded area per litre|
|Dry Tack Time||Up to 25 minutes|
|Drying Time||5 - 15 minutes|
|Final Bond Strength||36 to 48 hours|
|Storage||Store in dry conditions between +5°C and +25°C|
|Shelf Life||9 months when stored as recommended|
in original unopened containers