ES300 is a two part epoxy moisture vapour suppressant and surface damp proof membrane.
Developed specifically for suppressing residual moisture on concrete and sand/cement subfloors and provides a surface damp proof membrane
- Can be used as a sandwich damp proof membrane and bonding agent for quick-cure screed
- Allows the early laying of floor coverings to sand/cement and concrete bases
- Cures in approximately ½ the time of conventional epoxy systems
- Approved by major floor covering manufacturers
- Cost effective
(in accordance with British Standards 8203)
- Hygrometer readings must be taken and recorded so that the correct system can be selected.
- Concrete curing compounds and over-trowelled concrete will extend the time taken for the hygrometer to reach equilibrium.
- Subfloor measurement readings of up to 97% RH (measurable) can be accommodated with the system (99.9% theoretically).
Condition the contents by storing for 24 hours at +15°C to +25°C as cooler temperatures will increase viscosity and make application more difficult. Higher temperatures will speed the chemical reaction and therefore reduce working
- The surface must be firm, sound, clean, dry and free of any other contaminants liable to prevent penetration into the substrate or adhesion to the surface.
N.B. Concrete curing agents and admixtures and the misuse of these products can impair adhesion. Where doubt exists, or compatibility is unknown, a trial adhesion test with ES300 Fastrak Universal DPM should be carried out and the Technical Department must be consulted.
- Remove all surface dust, etc., by industrial vacuum cleaning. Machine scarifying or shot blasting will be necessary for removal of incompatible curing agents, admixtures or other stubborn surface contamination. Shot blasting is also recommended on lightly polished surfaces.
- In most circumstances no priming is required.
- For further information please contact tremco illbruck Technical Services.
ES300 hardens by a chemical reaction. It is essential that the mixing instructions are strictly adhered to:
- Unscrew to separate the duo can containers of Part A and Part B. Stir Part A and Part B thoroughly
before transferring Part B into the Part A container.
- Using a slow speed drill fitted with a two bladed propellor (NOT A CEMENT PADDLE), mix the contents for 4 - 5 minutes to obtain uniformity in colour and consistency. Ensure all materials from the base and sides of the containers are mixed in thoroughly to ensure a uniform cure.
- Do not mix more units than can be used within the working pot life. Higher temperatures will reduce usable life.
Take hygrometer readings (BS 8203) and select the appropriate TREMCO System applicable for the prepared base.
METHOD 1 (existing pre 1997)
- Apply an even coating of mixed ES300 with a fluff-free roller, initially pre-wetted with mixed ES300.
METHOD 2 (updated version)
- Apply an even coat of the mixed ES300 by trowel. Whilst the ES300 is still wet, flatten out the serration ridges with a long handled fluff-free roller, initially
spre-wetted with mixed ES300.
Note: This method provides further control of film thickness by helping to ensure that the coverage is not over extended.
- Do not exceed a coverage of 4.0 m²/kg
- It is essential that the applied coating is continuous and free from pinholes or weak spots, otherwise an additional application will be necessary.
- The coating thickness must not be less than 200 microns per coat.
- Allow to cure for 3 to 4.5 hours minimum at a preferred ambient temperature of no less than +18°C, before the application of TREMCO underlayments or specified TREMCO adhesives.
For full application information, refer to product data sheet or contact tremco illbruck customer services on 01942 251400
Insert Technical Table
|Composition||ES300 is a two part epoxy system comprising:|
Part A - A low viscosity, light buff in colour, packed in a larger container to allow for mixing.
Part B - A hardener of low viscosity, blue or grey in colour. The colouring of Part B serves as a visual aid for mixing, which is completed when a uniform colour is obtained.
|Density (at +25°C)||1.16 - 1.18|
|Mix Ratio||Mix full kits only|
|Coverage||4 m²/kg depending on method of application and condition of substrate to give a dry film thickness of 200 microns per coat|
|Hardening Time||+20°C - 1 hour 15 min 3 - 4 hours|
+15°C - 1 hour 30 min 4 - 6 hours
+10°C - 2 hour 6 - 9 hours
+4 C - 3.5 hour 8 - 13 hours
|Service Temperature Range||-20°C to +80°C|
|Storage||Store between +5°C and +25°C|
Rotate stock using oldest material first
|Shelf Life||6 months when stored in its original unopened containers|