CP215 is a flexible modified MMA resin base coat based on PUMA technology.
CP215 is a flexible resin binder intended for the formulation of flexible membranes and flexible, wear resistant coatings exposed to subzero temperatures. It is mainly used for:
- Waterproofing and shock absorbing membranes.
- Flexible floor coverings especially if exposed to low temperatures (e.g. coolers and freezers).
- As a wearing layer for outdoor applications exposed to heavy mechanical loadings and rapid temperature variations (i.e. ramps, bridges and car parks).
- Flexible and crackbridging at low temperatures
- Wear/impact resistant formulations possible
- Easy to apply
- Fast curing even at low temperatures
- PUMA technology - free from external plasticiser
- The area to be coated, must be pre-treated with an appropriate TREMCO primer (e.g. CP150 MMA Concrete Primer) including sanding.
- The substrate must be dry, firm, solid and free of dust, fat and oil.
- All bond breaking substances should be removed.
- Prior to use CP215 must be carefully stirred to achieve a uniform distribution of the paraffin contained in the product.
- CP215 is thoroughly mixed together with the TREMCO CP510 MMA Initiator (50% dibenzoyl peroxide), in accordance with the below guidelines.
- Ensure the product is mixed using a suitable non-sparking/ATEX mixer.
It should be noted that the amount of catalyst powder to be added depends upon the temperature:
at 30°C add 1% by weight of resin
at 20°C add 2% by weight of resin
at 10°C add 4% by weight of resin
at 0°C add 5% by weight of resin
below 0°C add 5% by weight of resin
Please contact our Technical Service Department for further details.
Note: Weight to Volumetric conversion of Catalyst.
1 cm³ of CP510 MMA Initiator = 0.64 g
1 g of CP510 MMA Initiator = 1.57 cm³
Method of Application
The material consumption and application method depends in which of the TREMCO MMA systems CP215 resin is being used for; see specific System Data Sheets for further information.
For full application details, refer to product data sheet or contact tremco illbruck customer services on 01942 251400.
|PROPERTY||RESULT (Liquid State)|
|Composition||Modified MMA resin|
(EN ISO 2811
|Pot Life/Processing Time|
|15 - 18 minutes|
|Curing Time |
|60 - 120 minutes|
|Application Temperature Range||0 – 35°C|
|PROPERTY||RESULT (Cured State)|
|Elongation at Break|
|Modulus of Elasticity|
Varies according to requirements, refer to project-specific specification or refer to tremco illbruck technical services
For trafficked decks typically 1.5 kg of CP215 is mixed with 3.0 kg of CP500 Filler and applied at a rate of 4.5 kg/m² and blinded with 4.0 kg/m² of CP507 Medium Sand
|Storage||Store in shaded dry conditions between +15°C and +20°C|
6 months when stored as recommended in original unopened containers